Provided by Womble Bond Dickinson US LLP
Defense of business clients in litigation has been a bedrock practice at Womble Bond Dickinson for more than 100 years. More than 200 attorneys, many of them veteran litigators with decades of courtroom experience, give clients the bench strength and knowledge to address large, complex business and product liability litigation challenges.
Womble Bond Dickinson’s Litigation Practice is comprised of two main departments – Business Litigation and Mass Torts – from which we serve clients nationally and internationally in numerous areas, including (but not limited to):
- Antitrust Litigation
- Aviation Litigation
- Class Actions
- Consumer Finance Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- ERISA Litigation
- Financial Services and UCC Litigation
- D&O / Shareholder Litigation
- Government Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense, including internal corporate investigations and business crimes
- International Arbitration and Litigation
- Local Government Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Environmental and Toxic Tort (including Environmental Emergency Response Team)
- Products Liability and Mass Torts Litigation
- Food, Beverage and Agriculture
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices
- Software/IT and Telecommunications
- Cyber & Privacy Law
Acts for clients in a diverse range of civil litigation, handling complex and large-scale actions in such areas as healthcare, real estate, antitrust and ERISA matters. Also has notable expertise in shareholder litigation and white-collar criminal cases. Has an impressive record of success at both trial and appellate level.
"The team has been extremely impressive."
Henry Smythe is adept at representing manufacturing companies in product liability suits. He is also very experienced in handling large pieces of litigation, including class actions, mass torts and multidistrict cases.
"Henry is an extremely talented lawyer."
Allen Gibson specializes in handling litigation for clients in the construction and real estate development sectors. He also has experience in arbitration and mediation.