The department is widely known and respected for:
- Being the firm of choice for many referrers locally and also, increasingly, from London. It regularly acquires business from other professional firms in London, being recognised as a cost effective alternative;
- Offering a personalised, highly empathetic and technically excellent service to a diverse range of clients in a highly efficient manner;
- Taking a pragmatic approach to complex issues, working with many high net worth clients (including business owners, farmers and landed families) often across generations and increasingly across jurisdictions, to resolve current matters whilst proactively identifying future support;
- A clarity of communication, expectation management and responsiveness, unrivalled within the region;
- Focusing on the development of home grown talent, creating a team with unrivalled longevity and experience. The department offers a range of skills that delivers the right work at the appropriate level for each individual client, from paralegal right through to partner.
- Whilst many local firms have grown through merger or acquisition, this department has seen stable organic growth and retention;
- The personal following of each of the three partners in the department (from both clients and referrers). Two are members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). Alison Voyce is identified as a Ranked Lawyer by Chambers and all three partners are recommended in the Legal 500.