Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
What the team is known for
This content is provided by Shook Lin & Bok.
Our corporate department provides a range of services in the various aspects of corporate and securities law. Our scope of work includes the rendering of legal advice and preparation of documentation in relation to, among others, the following:-
- incorporation of new companies and local subsidiaries of foreign corporations, formation of Malaysian branches of foreign corporations by way of registration as foreign corporations;
- sale and purchase of shares and other securities, leveraged buy-outs, acquisition of businesses and undertakings of companies, in particular, those of commercial and investment banks, insurance companies and stockbroking companies;
- formation of joint ventures, privatisation exercises, shareholders’ agreements and memoranda of understanding;
- initial public offerings of shares to be listed on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad and the MESDAQ and foreign currency private debt securities to be listed on the Labuan International Financial Exchange, Inc., rights and bonus issues, issuance of redeemable preference shares and other preference shares, warrants, structured warrants, structured products, ringgit and foreign currency private debt securities (including equity-linked private debt securities) both conventional and Islamic, transferable subscription rights, derivatives and other securities; capital reduction and restructuring;
- mergers and amalgamations, reconstructions and restructurings; & etc.
Ivan Ho, Yue Chan (Head of Department)
Alhabshi, Dr Syed Adam
Hoh, Kiat Ching
Khong, Mei Lin