Provided by Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría
This area is composed of highly specialized lawyers who provide comprehensive advice on legal matters for the development of projects in different areas such as mining, industrial, energy, corporate, infrastructure and real estate, among others. The high degree of specialization, skill in the use and understanding of technical aspects associated with the respective specialties and coordination with other areas of our firm allows our area to provide multidisciplinary legal services of high quality and added value to government agencies and companies. Mainly, the group performed the following legal activities:
- Support for Due Diligence processes under mergers and acquisitions or Project Finance processes.
- Negotiations of transactions involving mining, environmental and energy relevant aspects.
- Drafting and preparation of contracts used in related industries.
- Environmental, energetic and mining litigation at judicial and administrative levels.
- Compliance audits, covering legal and technical aspects (supported by multidisciplinary teams).
- Advise for environmental impact assessments to investment projects, as well as in the process of obtaining other permits necessary for implementation and after their closing.
- Support to granting processes of mining concessions; assistance regarding mining and surface land disputes, local community; indigenous matters, water rights; among others.
Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría is a highly regarded regional firm offering technical and regulatory expertise across a range of energy matters, particularly in the mining, electricity and renewables sectors. Team is well equipped to handle power purchase agreements, regulatory issues and tender processes, with additional strength in the areas of project financing, EPC contracts and PPAs.
Partner Carlos Alberto Reyes earns praise from a client, who says: "He is very well known and is a very good lawyer in the commercial sense; he helps to get deals done." He is experienced at handling sales, acquisitions and project finance matters relating to industries including solar energy.
Eduardo Escalona is "an excellent lawyer with robust knowledge of the regulation," enthuses a client, who goes on to highlight his commercial awareness.Another interviewee adds: "His work is thorough and quick," also drawing attention to his negotiation skills.