Holland & Knight's Shipping/Maritime Finance Team is recognized worldwide for its ship and offshore energy financing, corporate, tax, litigation, bankruptcy and regulatory skills and our ability to handle the largest, most difficult maritime matters. The team has special expertise in the U.S. Jones Act and deep experience in Marshall Islands, Liberia and Vanuatu matters.
Holland & Knight's Shipping/Maritime Finance Team:
- Traditionally represents U.S. and foreign banks active in international shipping transactions.
- Increasingly represents non-traditional sources of ship financing, including governmental finance support entities and underwriters in capital markets and private equity transactions.
- Has extensive experience with tax support regarding U.S., Marshall Islands and Liberia related tax issues.
- Includes shipping group restructurings, workouts and Chapter 11 insolvencies for lenders.
- Expanded in May 2016 with the opening of Holland & Knight's London office, adding notable partners from the well-known Clark Ricketts firm. Additional expansion to our transportation finance practice occurred in March 2017 with the addition of key partners from Freshfieds Bruckhaus Deringer. These strategic additions create a combination which will serve to deepen the global reach of our shipping/maritime finance practice.