Provided by CMS
The CMS Warsaw Banking and Finance Department is led by partner Michał Mężykowski and employs 26 lawyers. Our Banking practice acts for a wide range of institutions such as Polish and foreign banks, branches of financial institution, as well as their clients, such as international corporations, private equity and property funds in all types of business in the Polish and CEE market. We have almost 25 years of valuable experience in numerous projects and transactions, including the financing of export, assets and leasing, project finance (including PPP structure), real estate finance, acquisition finance as well as restructuring transactions. We are also unique in offering our clients the highest level of complex legal advice in all types of regulatory issues, including consumer products.
Our advisory services include:
- representing clients in export finance, project finance, asset finance, management buy-out and leveraged buy-out transactions;
- representing Polish and foreign banks and their clients in all types of lending transactions;
- preparing legal opinions for banks and financial institutions;
- providing to foreign and domestic financial institutions regulatory advice, including consumer products;
- advising banks in connection with their clients’ restructuring or bankruptcy proceedings;
- providing advisory services to banking syndicates and borrowers in connection with infrastructure projects and property acquisition deals.
CMS is a strong team that boasts a broad practice encompassing acquisition and real estate finance, refinancings and NPL acquisitions. The law firm offers further capabilities in project finance. The legal practice is predominantly instructed by local and international banks and also advises domestic borrowers. CMS is often instructed on cross-border deals due to its network of offices across the CEE region. The law firm also has an active insurance practice.
Ewa Świderska is well regarded for her extensive insurance practice, which covers M&A-related matters and regulatory advice. One client praises her "well-thought-out and comprehensive" approach.
Head of department Michał Mężykowski is adept at handling renewable energy and real estate financing matters. He also advises on corporate financing and refinancing as well as export credit finance deals.
Jakub Podkowa regularly handles commercial real estate refinancings and financing mandates. Sources describe him as business-oriented.
Jakub Wieczorek moves up the rankings on the back of increased activity on mandates and visibility in the market. He regularly assists with acquisition and general corporate financing matters. "He's project-oriented," a source says, adding: "He's easy to work with. I really like working with him."
Artur Bednarski assists clients on financing and debt restructuring matters.
UK-qualified Rafał Zakrzewski assists Polish corporations and international banks with cross-border banking transactions. Clients praise his experience and responsiveness.
Provided by CMS
Banking, Finance Services, Energy, Real Estate, Industry, Technology