Popovici Niţu Stoica & Asociaţii advised Dedeman, the biggest Romanian entrepreneurial company with a turnover above €1bn, on the acquisition of The Office, a landmark project in Cluj-Napoca, in probably the largest office transaction outside Bucharest, from NEPI Rockcastle and Mr. Ovidiu Șandor.
The Office is a three Class A buildings project, with approximately 60,000 sqm of Class A leasable area and a 100 percent occupancy rate.
PNSA team led by Partner Valentin Creața along with Managing Associate Ela Marin, also included Partners Ioana Șampek and Mihaela Ion, Managing Associates Ana-Maria Vlad, Andreea Grosu, Codrin Luță, Laura Ambrozie and Luana Dragomirescu, Senior Associates Alexandru Stan, Catinca Turenici, Cristiana Blei, Cristina Marcu and Lavinia Dinoci, as well as Associates Ana Seinea, Ariadna Marian, Dalida Nenu, Diana Dobra, Geanina Popescu, Luiza Zamura, Vanessa Nistor and Veronica Culcea. The tax assistance was provided by Mihaela Pohaci, Partner, and Raluca Rusu, Senior Manager with PNSA Tax SRL.
This is the fifth significant transaction in which PNSA assisted Dedeman Group in the last 12 months, following the setting up of a private equity fund focused on supporting SMEs; the acquisition of The Bridge; and the investments in the listed companies Cemacon and Alro.
Popovici Nițu Stoica & Asociații is a leading Romanian independent law firm and has been at the forefront of the market since its incorporation in 1995. Focusing traditionally on the private sector and investment projects, Popovici Nitu Stoica & Asociatii is acknowledged by the vast majority of observers and peers as ‘the transactional law firm’ among the market leaders. The Firm has constantly been involved in the majority of the M&A transactions in Romania from various industries such as Energy, Healthcare, Retail, IT, Financial Services, Telecoms and Real Estate.
For more information about Popovici Niţu Stoica & Asociaţii, please visit www.pnsa.ro.
Other significant M&A transactions recently advised by PNSA:
- Net Brinel on its takeover by SNEF;
- RTC Proffice Experience on the acquisition of Paper Plus;
- Voestalpine on the acquisition of the majority stake in Travertec Buzău;
- WDP on the acquisition of Dunca Logistics Centre and CTPark Cluj I;
- Ameropa on the acquisition of Sărulești agricultural base;
- Medicover on the acquisition of Phoenix Medical Center;
- Medicover on the acquisition of Academica Medical Centers;
- Oresa Ventures on the sale of Fabryo to AkzoNobel;
- Farmexim and Help Net on their sale to Phoenix;
- Ameropa on the acquisition of 40% of the shares of agribusiness companies Promat Comimpex and Agroind Cauaceu;
- Medicover on the acquisition of Pelican Hospital.