Canada Ontario Litigation: Administrative & Public Law
Rankings overview for Departments
All Departments profiles
- Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLPLitigation: Administrative & Public LawCanada 2023 | Spotlight Table | 1 Years RankedBlake, Cassels & Graydon is a high-profile Canadian law firm with an admirable litigation offering and a notable presence in the Ontario market. The team maintains a strong focus on disputes relating to contested M&A transactions and commercial contracts, securities and general commercial class action defence, and securities regulatory disputes. The firm is particularly active in the financial services, real estate and pharmaceutical sectors; the team has additional expertise in insolvency, trade and product liability litigation.
- Borden Ladner Gervais LLPLitigation: Administrative & Public LawCanada 2023 | Spotlight Table | 2 Years RankedBorden Ladner Gervais has a solid service offering in the Ontario litigation market, with notable expertise in securities, fraud and banking litigation. The team fields notable experience in administrative and constitutional law matters, regularly appearing on urgent injunctions and judicial reviews, as well as novel matters such as extradition proceedings. Other areas of strength include class actions, product liability and construction litigation. Well regarded for its expertise in the financial services and energy sectors, the team also advises clients from industries such as automotive, natural resources and communications. It maintains an active presence in both Toronto and Ottawa.
- Lenczner SlaghtLitigation: Administrative & Public LawCanada 2023 | Spotlight Table | 2 Years RankedLenczner Slaght is universally recognised as a leader in the Ontario market. Based in Toronto, the firm demonstrates significant national reach and offers expertise across a wide range of industry sectors, including health care and pharmaceutical, financial services, education, transportation and information technology, as well as acting for public sector bodies. Widely viewed as a top choice for bet-the-company litigation, the team is regularly selected to handle corporate fraud cases, breach of contract and consumer claims, as well as securities and shareholder disputes. The group is further noted for its experience of professional liability, defamation, public inquiries, class actions, and restructuring and insolvency.
- Paliare Roland Rosenberg Rothstein LLPLitigation: Administrative & Public LawCanada 2023 | Spotlight Table | 2 Years RankedPaliare Roland Rosenberg Rothstein is a highly regarded Toronto-based litigation boutique with a strong bench and a broad spectrum of expertise. The firm has a distinguished contentious public law practice, acting for associations, universities and various other public bodies on judicial reviews and other public interest disputes. The team is well equipped to handle corporate commercial litigation, as well as disputes relating to securities, fraud, bankruptcy and insolvency, labour law, product liability and employment. The group wins further recognition for its specialised class action group, offering assistance to both plaintiffs and defendants, and is additionally noted for its arbitration capabilities.
- Stockwoods LLPLitigation: Administrative & Public LawCanada 2023 | Spotlight Table