Global China Capital Markets (International Firms)
- Latham & Watkins
- Posit LaohaphanLatham & Watkins
- Milbank LLPCapital Markets (International Firms)2023 | Spotlight |Milbank offers a strong Hong Kong-based team with a regional focus, most notably with regard to Philippines expertise and with additional strengths in matters spanning India and Vietnam. The team regularly advises underwriters on USD high-yield bond issuances, while also handling convertible bond offerings and exchange offers. The team is also adept at advising underwriters on IPOs, particularly in relation to listings in the Philippines. Its key clients include Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and BNP Paribas.
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom and AffiliatesCapital Markets (International Firms)2023 | Spotlight |With an integrated team which is highly commended across the board and has a significant track record of work in Hong Kong, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom & Affiliates is highly sought after for ECM expertise, and the team is frequently instructed on market-leading US and Hong Kong IPOs, as well as follow-on offerings. It is known for its excellent high-yield expertise and offers an accomplished investment-grade debt practice, across a wide range of offerings, including project bonds, convertible notes and ADS issuances. It services clients in a wide range of industries including tech, fintech, healthcare, renewables, consumer goods and education. Key clients include Grab Holdings, E-House Holdings and Baidu.
- Allen & OveryCapital Markets (International Firms)2023 | Spotlight |A highly experienced Hong Kong-based debt team working on complex cross-border investment-grade matters and panda bond issuances, Allen & Overy additionally advises on social bond offerings and large MTN issuances. Its solid equity practice advises issuers and underwriters on cross-border IPOs and secondary issuances. The firm represents an enviable roster of international banks, Chinese financial entities and sovereign issuers. Key clients include Bank of Communications, Bank of China and Vivere Life Sciences.
- Simpson Thacher & BartlettCapital Markets (International Firms)2023 | Spotlight |Simpson Thacher & Bartlett maintains its very strong reputation for complex and high-value ECM work. The team is experienced in handling IPOs and follow-on offerings, as well as ADS offerings, with deep experience assisting clients, including both issuers and underwriters, with listings on the SEHK, as well as the Nasdaq and NYSE. It frequently represents major Mainland Chinese entities on outbound deals. The practice fields a balanced Hong Kong and US law practice, while also advising clients on Taiwan-related offerings. It often acts on deals in the technology, e-commerce and consumer retail sectors. Key clients include 51job, Alibaba and Athenex.
- Latham & WatkinsCapital Markets (International Firms)2023 | Spotlight