Bill focuses on complex regulatory issues and provides strategic advice to companies and public interest organizations. He assists generic drug companies, non-profit organizations, and other clients with matters before the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), where he served as Deputy Commissioner for Policy, and the courts. He also represents healthcare consumers, payers and providers with complex regulatory issues before the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), where he served as general counsel from 2011 to 2016, and other federal agencies, and the courts.
• Leadership Council, Yale School of Public Health
• Board, Historical Society of the District of Columbia Circuit
• Member, Committee on Science, Technology & Law, National Academy of Sciences
• Board Member, National Health Law Program
• Board Member, Partners In Health