Robert is a barrister and an experienced litigator, Robert’s work involves a wide range of commercial and corporate disputes. He has particular expertise in complex fraud cases (frequently working alongside specialist criminal lawyers), claims against directors, and shareholder disputes.
Robert acts for individuals, entrepreneurs, companies and their shareholders, and he has a keen interest in acting for companies regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, Robert worked at the following firms:
- Howard Kennedy
Member of the Fraud Lawyers Association and previously an elected member of the Bar Council.
- Advising on the largest fraud claim that has been pursued in the DIFC courts, advising a group of shareholders in Lebanese Canadian Bank
- Acting in two cases involving the defence to claims brought by the liquidators of Bernard Madoff’s US and UK companies
- Acting for the defendant in a £95m civil fraud claim pursued by HMRC, arising out of failed criminal prosecution
- Acting for the ex-wife of a multi-millionaire businessman in her £3m claim against him, arising out of investment in a Ponzi scheme
- Advising regulated entities operating under the FCA’s Payment Services and E-Money regimes
- Successfully concluding the settlement of insolvency claims of £20m pursued by a liquidator, arising out of VAT assessments, with negotiations lasting over 18 months
- Acting as agent in three separate successful appeals to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council
- Acting for a Russian TV channel in a multi-million pound arbitration arising out of a licensing dispute