Lawyer profile for Canada 2022
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Pensions & Benefits - Nationwide - Canada
This content is provided by Lisa Mills
Pension, Benefits and Executive Compensation
Lisa has more than 20 years of experience in pension, benefits and executive compensation law. She is a founding partner of BMKP Law, a boutique law firm specializing in that area. She provides advice to both federally and provincially regulated pension plan sponsors and administrators regarding pension plan design, regulatory compliance and all other aspects of administering defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans. Lisa also has a particular interest and significant experience in resolving the income tax elements of pension and benefit matters. In 2018 Lisa received the Lexpert Zenith Award for mid-career excellence.
• Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute | Member and past CPBI Ottawa Chapter Chair
• Canada Revenue Agency Registered Plans Division Stakeholder Consultation Group | Participant
• International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans | Member
• Ontario Bar Association | Member (Pensions and Benefits Law Section)
• Canadian Bar Association | Member (Pension and Benefits Law Section)
Queen’s University Faculty of Law | Sessional Instructor, Pensions and the Law (2009-2013)
• Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario, Standing Committee for Defined Benefit Single-Employer Pension Plans | Member