Guan Huat Khoo
Provided by Guan Huat Khoo
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Civil Litigation
- IP Litigation and Enforcement
- International Arbitration
- Member, Board of Studies, Faculty of Law, University of Malaya, 2015-2017
- Member, Market Participants Committee, Bursa Malaysia
- Panel of arbitrator, Asian International Arbitration Centre (formerly known as Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre of Arbitration)
- Panellist, Domain Name Dispute Resolution, Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre and Asian International Arbitration Centre (formerly known as Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration)
- Adjunct Lecturer, Certificate in Legal Practice course, Faculty of Law, University of Malaya, 1990 - 2004
- Adjunct Lecturer, the Law of International Trade in the LLM program, University of Malaya, 1990
Guan Huat is a litigator with over 30 years of experience. He commenced his legal career with the Attorney-General’s Chambers in 1987 and joined Skrine in 1993. He is frequently called upon to act as senior counsel both in the litigation and arbitration space in commercial and civil disputes. He has also acted as lead counsel for Johor and Kelantan State Governments in several proceedings taken against the state governments.
Guan Huat also advises both financial and non-financial institutions on regulatory and compliance matters.
Khoo Guan Huat is a renowned IP lawyer in Kuala Lumpur who frequently represents clients in trade mark and copyright infringement cases and advises on enforcement matters.
Khoo Guan Huat is a very experienced litigator in Malaysia. He has strong expertise in tax disputes, as well as a wider range of general commercial litigation, as well as construction disputes.