Chairman: Javier Suárez de Vivero
Managing Partner: Iván Suárez Tellechea
Number of partners: 4
Number of lawyers: 5
Suarez de Vivero is a leading law firm in Spain specialized in labour and employment law, immigration, social security and employee benefits, with more than 45 years of market experience. They always try to be one step ahead of existing legal regulations, which many times are not yet prepared to adopt the 4.0 industry. Therefore, where the law does not give a clear guidance, they propose creative solutions to their clients to solve their employment problems.
Main Areas of Practice:
Strategic Definition and Team Alignment
LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
- Companies restructuring.
- Collective Bargaining.
- Discrimination and psychological harassment.
- Employment Tax Law.
- Senior management and remuneration.
- Internal company policies.
- Commercial contracts, with agents, consultants and similar forms.
- Viability, social and pension plans.
- Labour due diligence.
- Human Resources staff training.
- Health and Safety.
IMMIGRATION AND GLOBAL MOBILITY
- The immigration practice gives advice to companies and employees in every aspect related to geographical mobility. They give legal support on residence permits, visa, nationality, foreign recruitment in countries of destination or even the so-called remote working. They also help their clients from UK to understand what rights and duties their employees residing in Spain will have, post- Brexit, and the same for their families.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION
- The firm trains people in the organization to know how to communicate and to do it with effectiveness. Whether if it's for recruitment, for any other employment measure, for negotiation or anything related to company's strategy implementation, it's indispensable that the professional/executive has well developed expressive skills and knows what to say and how to say it, as well as what not to say or what not to write. A correct communication training on the right people will create less employment litigation and increase the social peace.
STRATEGIC DEFINITION AND TEAM ALIGNMENT
- The firm offer their clients assistance on the definition of their strategic approach and their culture, and they then transfer this communication to other areas in the Company, so that business targets are all aligned. There is a training phase with executive and non-executive staff that will give them a much better understanding of their roles, the needs of other departments and the Company's objectives.
EMPLOYMENT RELATED DATA PROTECTION
- The firm gives advice to clients on how to implement local and global policies, international strategies of data transfer and advising them on complicated international data transfer contracts.
- The firm allows clients with no headquarters in Spain the possibility to create a permanent establishment, or if necessary, give powers of attorney to their firm so that they can be their legal representatives in Spain, in order to hire people and manage their payroll.