Managing Partner: Mohanadass Kanagasabai
Partners : Shamsul Bahrin Manaf, Syarihah Razman, Kalashini Sandrasegaran, Maizura Mohamed Amin
Number of lawyers: 11
Languages: English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, Tamil
Contact Details : [email protected]
Driven by a passion for the law and drawing on extensive legal experience, the lawyers at Mohanadass Partnership provide unrivalled expertise to clients across a broad spectrum of industries.
Its partners are well versed with international and domestic dispute resolution, with combined skills that compare favourably to any leading regional firm.
Managing partner, Mohanadass Kanagasabai, is inducted to the The Legal 500 Asia Pacific’s Hall of Fame for dispute resolution in Malaysia and ranked in Band 1 for his expertise by Chambers & Partners. He has over three decades of experience in the field, is a former president of the Malaysian Institute of arbitrators, and also former chair of the Inter Pacific Bar association’s dispute resolution and arbitration committee.
Shamsul Bahrin is a founding partner of Messrs Mohanadass Partnership and is an active litigation lawyer. He has been involved in commercial disputes, electricity supply laws and disputes, shareholders’ disputes, IT contract disputes, industrial relations, construction and land matters. Shamsul has appeared at all levels of courts in the Malaysian legal system. He is also registered in the Asian Institute of Arbitration Centre (AIAC) panel of Adjudicators.
Syarihah Razman is also one of the founding partners of Messrs Mohanadass Partnership and practices international and domestic arbitration. She has extensive dispute resolution experience in oil & gas and construction engineering matters and has appeared in arbitrations in London, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok. Syarihah’s practice also include corporate, commercial, and contractual disputes. She also has substantial experience in Judicial Reviews under the Accountants Act 1967 and the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966.
In addition to dispute resolution and transactional matters, the partners in this practice are adept at handling legal affairs in all key practice areas. The firm is distinguished by its proactive, progressive approach in legal matters, offering professional services of the highest calibre.
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Civil and General Litigation
- Construction & Engineering
- Corporate & Commercial Litigation
- Employment and Industrial Relations
- Energy, Infrastructure & Projects
- Information Technology, Media & Telecommunication Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Treaty Arbitration
- Land disputes
- Oil & Gas
- Tax Advisory and Disputes
- Mohanadass Partnership successfully acted in a complex construction dispute in respect of a contract for the conversion of a marine vessel into a floating storage and offloading facility.
- Mohanadass Partnership successfully acted in an arbitration relating to the construction of the Coastal Highway in the Iskandar Region, Johor.
- Mohanadass Partnership acted for the estate of Boonsoom Boonyanit, a Thai investor in an investment treaty dispute which was successfully resolved.
- Mohanadass Partnership was also instructed by the Government of Malaysia to act in 1MDB related claims.
- Mohanadass Partnership acts for professional bodies like the Malaysian Institute of Accountants in claims relating to accountants and auditors.
- Mohanadass Partnership also acts for a major financial institution in commercial claims.
- Mohanadass Partnership also acts for a major utilities provider in various claims.
Mohanadass Partnership Kuala Lumpur Office - +603 2242 3395
Mohanadass Partnership Johor Office - +607 2209 058
Provided by Mohanadass Partnership