LNT & Partners
Managing Partner: Ms Hoang Nguyen Ha Quyen
Number of Partners: 9
Number of Lawyers: 70+
Languages: Vietnamese, English
LNT & PARTNERS ('LNT') is a major full-service law firm based in Vietnam, adept at handling complex transactions and litigation that require international expertise (alongside detailed knowledge of Vietnam’s legal landscape). Our attorneys have many years of experience in both the public and private sectors, from working as judges in Vietnam’s courts and as officials in Vietnam’s ministries, to working in multinational corporations and law firms. The firm’s attorneys use their skills in numerous legal fields, including: M&A; compliance; competition law; pharmaceuticals; real estate and infrastructure; finance; insurance; employment; as well as in complex and high-profile litigation and arbitration matters. Clients trust LNT for its practical advice, as well as its efficient and innovative approach to client matters.
The firm is among Vietnam’s most prominent, representing a wide range of international and domestic clients, including Fortune 500 companies, governments, as well as Vietnamese-listed companies. LNT has won accolades for its work and ability to close deals. LNT is one of only a few Vietnamese law firms since 2010 that has received prestigious honours awarded by international ranking institutions and publications, including Chambers, Financial Times, Asian Legal Business, Asian-MENA Counsel, Asialaw, IFLR and Legal500.
Financial Services: 2 partners, 10 fee earners based in Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi
- Advised Vietcombank on a 50-aircraft finance for VietJet Air
- Advised VietinBank on a US$ 600 million project finance loan to Saigon Co.op
- Advised Vietcombank on a US$203 million project finance loan to Hai Phong International Container Terminal
Key Clients: Vietcombank, Vietinbank, BIDV, UOB, Bank of China
Contacts: Dr Net Le / Ms Minh Vu
Corporate & M&A: 7 partners, 23 fee earners based in Ho Chi Minh
- Advised FWD Insurance on acquisition of Vietcombank-Cardif Life Insurance, a life insurance joint venture between Vietcombank and BNP Paribas Cardif
- Advised Taisho Pharmaceutical on a US$107.4 million acquisition of a controlling stake in Hau Giang Pharmaceutical
- Advised Philcement Corporation, a subsidiary of Phillippines-listed Phinma Corporation, on acquisition of an interest in Song Lam Cement JSC, operator of the biggest cement plant in Vietnam
- Advised AstraZeneca on the importation of 30 million doses of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccines into Vietnam
- Advised VABIOTECH, SOVICO and DANSON on the Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccines production license and distribution project in Vietnam
- Advised ATAD Steel Structure Corporation, a leading steel structure company in Southeast Asia, on its capital and business partnership with Kanematsu Corporation.
- Advised CJ Logistics on acquisition of a controlling stake in Gemadept
- Advised Hakuhodo Inc. on acquisition of a controlling stake in Square Communications, a leading media corporation in Vietnam
- Advised Samsung Electronics on US$ 2.5 billion investment project in Ho Chi Minh City
Key Clients: FWD Insurance, Taisho Pharmaceutical, Toshin Development, Roche, AstraZeneca, AIA, Baowu Steel, Siemens Healthineers, BASF, Adidas, Philcement Corporation, Tiki Corp, Dragon Capital Private Equity
Contacts: Ms Quyen Hoang / Mr Hong Bui / Dr Tuan Nguyen / Mr Thuy Nguyen / Mr Binh Tran / Dr Net Le / Ms Minh Vu
Dispute Resolution: 2 partners, 6 fee earners based in Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi
- Represented PVTex in an ICC construction arbitration
- Advised Cola Cola Vietnam on parallel export and consumer protection cases
- Represented the Vietnamese Government in two landmark ICC arbitrations in Hong Kong involving a USD 500 million infrastructure project
- Represented Euro-Auto (BMW Vietnam) in a landmark USD 8.5 million tax dispute against the Vietnamese tax authority.
- Represented Ocean Pacific JV, operator of Sheraton Hotel, in a USD 55 million gambling win dispute
Key Clients: Coca Cola Vietnam, Holcim Vietnam, Petro Vietnam
Contacts: Dr Net Le / Dr Phu Nguyen
Real Estate & Infrastructure: 3 partners, 7 fee earners based in Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Singapore
- Advised People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City on US$ 2.7 billion Metroline No. 2 and US$ 600 million East-West Highway and Thu Thiem Tunnel projects
- Asvised Toshin Development on a mega underground shopping mall – mertro line project
- Advised Vihajico on development of 50ha Ecopark project in Hung Yen province
- Advised Becamex Tokyu on various matters concerning developing and selling properties in new urban areas
Key Clients: Toshin Development, Mapletree, Keppel Land, Hong Kong Land, Vihajico, DKSH
Contacts: Mr Binh Tran / Dr Net Le / Ms Quyen Hoang
- Cooperated with Latham & Watkins to advise Saigon Coop to conduct M&A with Casino company in Netherlands
- Successfully advised Coca-cola Beverage Vietnam on a dispute matter over an intellectual property legal issue occurred in the UK
- Cooperated with Dechert LLP to represent for Petro Vietnam in ICC arbitration in Singapore Org
Provided by LNT & Partners
6 Contributions provided by LNT & Partners
In the realm of project finance, whether in Vietnam or elsewhere, “bankability” stands out as the l...
The Vietnam government is collecting public opinion to amend its Law on Land 2013 (the “Land Law”)...