Firm profile for Global 2021
This content is provided by Jing & Partners.
JING & Partners
Tel: (237) 233 433 671/(237) 233 421 708
Fax: (237) 233 428 968
Managing Partner: Paul JING
Number of partners: 3
Number of lawyers: 14
Languages: - English, French
JING & Partners is a full-service law firm of experienced attorneys principally based in Douala serving Cameroon and the Central African sub-region and is now reputed to be the law firm of choice and leading law firm in the CEMAC region.
One of the most valuable assets of the firm is its bilingual nature, incorporating French-speaking (Francophone) and English-speaking (Anglophone) solicitors and therefore readily tailored to suit the dual legal system of Cameroon in particular and the Central/West African region in general. Through a mastery of these two key legal systems, the firm has developed the relevant expertise to address the requirements of our vast array of foreign investor clients.
The firm’s attorneys are market leaders in general corporate, commercial and capital market transactions, representing some of the most prestigious names and serving as Counsel to some of the biggest deals across the territory of the Republic of Cameroon and the CEMAC sub-region.
Over the past few years, the firm has been at the forefront of revolving, asset-backed and structured financing, project and infrastructure financing, the biggest bond issues in the capital markets of Cameroon and in the CEMAC region, and significant transactions in the commodities, telecommunications, oil and gas and energy sectors.
The attorneys of JING & Partners have earned a sterling reputation for providing invaluable legal services to the biggest local banks and their foreign affiliates for more than two decades.
The firm has been very successful in assisting investors during negotiations on all regulatory issues with governmental authorities on the other side, such as production sharing contracts negotiations, concessions, licenses and permits for oil and gas clients, independent power producers in the electricity sector, banking, financial services, capital market activities, general telecommunications and value added telecoms services, maritime and ports activities, transport, aviation and the electricity sectors.
The firm has an outstanding reputation for excellent working relations with government departments and regulatory bodies while being fully compliant with FCPA, UK Bribery and related anti-corruption laws.
MAIN AREAS OF PRACTICE:
• Project and Corporate Finance; Three partners and four fee earners.
• Oil & Gas; Two partners and three fee earners.
• Energy Sector; Two partners and four fee earners.
• Telecommunications; Two partners and five fee earners.
• Banking Regulatory; Three partners and four fee earners.
• Mining; Two partners and three fee earners.
• Technology Sector; Two partners and five fee earners.
• Capital Markets; Two partners and two fee earners.
• Maritime; Two partners and two fee earners.
• Aviation; Two partners and two fee earners.
• Corporate Regulatory; Three partners and five fee earners.
• Intellectual Property; One partner and two fee earners.
• General Commercial Practice; Three partners and five fee earners
• Mergers and Acquisitions; Two partners and three fee earners.
• Labour and Employment law; Two partners and four fee earners
• Hotel and Hospitality; Two partners and two fee earners.
• Public Private Partnership; Two partners and four fee earners
• Insurance; Two partners and three fee earners.
• Corporate & Civil Litigation/International Arbitration; Two partners and four fee earners.
• Housing, Real Estate and Infrastructure Development; Two partners and four fee earners.
• Privatisations and Foreign Direct Investment. Two partners and four fee earners.
1) The award-winning NACHTIGAL HYDROPOWER PROJECT FINANCING Deal value: USD 1.4 billion The Firm’s Attorneys acted as Cameroonian counsel to:
(i) the DFI Lenders: International Finance Corporation ("IFC"), European Investment Bank ("EIB"), African Development Bank ("AfDB"), Société de Promotion et de Participation pour la Coopération Economique S.A. ("Proparco"), Opec Fund For International Development ("OFID"), Agence Française de Développement ("AFD"), DEG - Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH ("DEG"), Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. ("FMO") and CDC Group plc ("CDC") (the "DFI Lenders");
(ii) Local Lenders: Société Générale Cameroun ("SG Cameroun"), Standard Chartered Bank Cameroon ("SCB Cameroon"), Banque Internationale du Cameroun pour l'Epargne et le Crédit ("BICEC"), SCB Cameroun (Groupe Attijariwafa Bank) ("SCB Cameroun"), Ecobank ("Ecobank") and BGFI Bank ("BGFI Bank"), In connection with the financing of the construction, development and operation of a 420 MW run-of-river hydropower project located on the Sanaga river in the Republic of Cameroon developed by Electricité de France ("EDF"), the Government of Cameroon ("GoC") and the International Finance Corporation (“IFC”).
2) OLEMBE MULTIPLEX STADIUM AND SPORTS COMPLEX FINANCING Deal value: USD 227 Million
3) KRIBI DEEP SEAPORT PROJECT (PHASE I AND II) Deal value: USD 423 Million
4) ENEO CAMEROON MEDIUM TERM FINANCING Deal value: EUR 60 Million
5) EKSPORTKREDITT NORGE AS Deal value: USD 61 Million
6) CAMEROON LIVING PROJECT Deal value: USD 224 Million
7) MICRO SOLAR POWER STATION PROJECT FINANCING Deal value: USD 77 Million
8) RURAL SOLAR POWER IN CAMEROON (PHASE II). Deal value: USD 123 Million
9) NEW AGE (AFRICAN GLOBAL ENERGY) LTD FINANCING Deal Value: USD 425 Million
10) OPTICAL FIBER BACKBONE TRANSMISSION NETWORK EXPANSION PROJECT FOR THE REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON Deal Value: USD 82 Million
11) KRIBI-LOLABE HIGHWAY PROJECT Deal value: USD 85 Million
12) BINI A WARAK HYDROELECTRIC POWER PROJECT Deal value: USD 303 Million
13) MTN CAMEROON FINANCING Deal Value: USD 104 Million 14) IHS CAMEROON FINANCING Deal Value: Euros 107 Million.
15) CAMWATER/ECC PROJECT FINANCING Deal Value: USD 59.9 Million.
16) ACROW BRIDGE PROJECT FINANCING Deal Value: USD 49.9 Million
17) Government of Cameroon Bridge Loan (SONARA) Deal Value: USD 235 Million
International Finance Corporation (IFC); Proparco; African Development Bank (ADB); BDEAC; FMO; World Bank; Société Générale France; Société Générale USA; Société Générale Cameroun; Standard Chartered Bank PLC London, Standard Chartered Bank Cameroon; Ericsson Sub-Saharan Africa (Pty) Limited; Microsoft Corporation (Redmond Washington); CISCO Systems USA; Microsoft Cameroon; General Electric (GE); Accenture; Citigroup; Citibank (Cameroon); United Bank for Africa UBA (Cameroon); BGFI Bank Cameroon; ADM Cocoa BV(Netherlands); Ex-Im Bank (USA); The Federation of International Football Association(FIFA), Credit Suisse AG (london); DEG-Deutsche Investitions Und Entwicklungsgesellschaft MBH (Germany); Guinness Cameroon S.A- DIAGEO Plc; Schlumberger; Noble Energy; Kosmos Energy; Dana Petroleum; Swire Pacific Offshore; Mobile Telephone Network International(MTNI); VIETTEL Global Investment JSC; British Broadcasting Corporation(BBC); Baker Hughes; TNS RMS; Proctor & Gamble; IHS Plc; Tower Resources Plc; CDISCOUNT; L’OREAL France; Environmental Chemical Corporation (ECC); BOWLEVEN; RWANDAIR; TURKISH AIRLINES; TURKISH Consular office, AVIPRO FINANCE; VERIZON WIRELESS; AT & T; BLOOMBERG Finance; Ellipse Projects SAS; Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC); African Export-Import Bank(Afrieximbank) ; GROUP SOHAING; Eranove; Hydromine Inc.; New Age (African Global Energy) Ltd, INFRACO AFRICA; China Export-Import Bank; International Commercial Bank of China, Shell International Limited; Prudential Africa Ltd(UK); Prudential Beneficial Insurance Group, Stallion Group, China Harbour Engineering and Construction Ltd(CHEC), AKSA Energy Holding, Gaz du Cameroun S.A; Victoria Oil & Gas (UK), G4S Security Services Cameroon plc, Glencore Exploration Cameroon Ltd.
Contact: Paul JING
Tel: 677 550 196
Email: [email protected]
• Project and corporate finance;
• Oil & Gas;
• Energy sector;
• Banking regulatory;
• Technology Sector;
• Capital Markets;
• Corporate regulatory;
• Intellectual Property;
• General Commercial Practice;
• Mergers and Acquisitions;
• Labour and Employment law;
• Public Private Partnership;
• Corporate & Civil Litigation/International Arbitration;
• Housing, Real Estate and Infrastructure Development;
• Privatisations and Foreign Direct Investment.
JING & Partners Attorneys at Law
537, Rue AFCODI Off MRS Rue Njo-Njo,
Bonapriso P.O. Box 1245
Tel.: (237) 233 433 671
Email: [email protected]
The Firm has a reputation of working with renowned and leading law firms, in international, local and regional transactions. These law firms include, but are not limited to the following:
Latham & Watkins;
Allen & Overy;
Norton Rose Fulbright;
Bowman & Gilfillan;
White & Case;
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer;
Baker and Mackenzie;
Slaughter & May;
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I;
Clyde & Co;
Simmons & Simmons Ashurst;
King & Wood Mallesons;
Watsons Farley & Williams LLP;
Dentons UKMEA LLP;
Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.