One Firm Approach
Fangda Partners has approximately 700 lawyers in our five offices in major Chinese cities: Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen. It operates as a single, integrated partnership, not as an alliance of lawyers in different locations.
The team of lawyers collaborates seamlessly across practice groups and locations to provide clients with exceptional service, sophisticated advice and practical solutions founded on our legal expertise, sound knowledge of market practice, deep understanding of the industry landscape and proven ability to assist clients achieve their business objectives.
Firm of Choice for the Most Difficult Legal Issues
Fangda Partners is the firm of choice for businesses requiring solutions to their most difficult and complex legal issues. Leading companies and financial institutions in China and around the world turn to the firm for legal representation or counseling on their most significant legal and business challenges, whether transactions or disputes.
Cross-Border Capabilities with a China Edge
The firm is known for its cross-border capabilities with a China edge. Our team consists of lawyers qualified in Australia, England and Wales, Singapore, U.S., Hong Kong and the PRC.
The diversity of the team and strong local law capabilities enable it to bridge legal, regulatory, language and cultural differences that clients inevitably face in transactions and disputes involving multiple jurisdictions.
At the Forefront of Chinese Commercial Practice
Fangda Partners has been at the forefront of the development of commercial law practice in China for over two decades.
The firm has a proven track record of advising clients on groundbreaking transactions or defending them in unprecedented disputes. Some selected notable matters on which the organisation has advised include:
- First initial public offering by a Chinese company involving an international underwriter
- The first domestic listing by a company incorporated outside the PRC (so-called red chip company)
- Formation of the first open-end mutual fund in China
- First foreign acquisition of a controlling stake in a Chinese public company
- First FRAND litigation in China
- Representing the claimant in obtaining the first injunction in an IP litigation under Chinese procedural law
- First public interest environmental litigation brought by an NGO against a multinational company in China
Seamless Global Service
The firm has close institutional and operational relationships with leading advisors and intermediaries worldwide. For our clients’ inbound and outbound cross-border matters, we also invest significant time and resources in establishing and developing close and active relationships with leading law firms around the world, allowing us to deliver seamless global service.
Areas of Practice
- Asset-Backed Securities
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Compliance & Government Enforcement
- Dispute Resolution
- Energy & Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions
- General Industries
- Insolvency & Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- Investment Funds
- Investment Management
- Labor & Employment
- Life Sciences & Healthcare
- Private Equity
- Private Wealth Management
- Real Estate & Construction
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Japan Practice
Provided by Fangda Partners
- Beijing27/F, North Tower, Beijing Kerry Centre, 1 Guanghua Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing, China, 100020View ranked officeGuangzhou17F, International Finance Place, 8 Huaxia Road, Zhujiang New Town, Guangzhou, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China, 510623View ranked officeHong KongSuite 3001-3002, 30/F One Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, ChinaView ranked office
4 Contributions provided by Fangda Partners
In 2021, improvements were made to the regulatory regime governing pharmaceutical advertisements in...
With the Foreign Investment Law taking effect at the beginning of 2020, China’s foreign investment...