Global Guide 2023
South Africa Intellectual Property
3 Ranked Lawyers
Provided by Webber Wentzel
- to understand our client's IP assets through our management of these assets;
- to expertly and strategically assist clients with the monetisation of these assets which is best done by a full service firm;
- to offer our clients a 'one point of contact' service where our clients' portfolios are managed by one partner; and
- our collaborative approach with Linklaters and various local firms in Africa enable us to provide a seamless cross-border service offering.
Types of work:
- our experience extends to, among other things, licensing, distribution, technology transfer, investment agreements, research and collaboration, franchising, global joint ventures, transfers of IP through business and asset sales and related exchange control issues;
- trade mark oppositions, infringement and unlawful competition/passing off actions relating to trade marks, copyright, patents and registered designs, as well as domain name disputes, anti-counterfeiting, company name disputes and advertising standards authority matters; and
- we manage a substantial number of portfolios (including trademarks, copyright, registered designs, patents and domain names all over the world) for local, multi-national and international blue chip clients who operate across all major sectors.