The Social Housing team at Ward Hadaway has continued to develop its expertise and its reputation which is evidenced by the growing market share and client feedback.
The following examples illustrate the broad nature of the work carried out in the sector:
- Advising on all aspects of housing management litigation, practice and policy.
- Dealing with volume housing disrepair claims for Local Authorities and Housing Associations.
- Advice on construction contracts
- Assistance with commercial operations including disposal of non-core businesses and restructuring.
- Advice on specific corporate structures for registered providers within the region including reviewing the company structures, company documentation (including memorandum and articles of association), rules and regulations, property documentation (including tenancy agreements).
- Specialist planning advice in connection with CPO land assembly and regeneration schemes and throughout the land acquisition process.
- Large scale securitisations.
- Banking advice on funding agreements.
- Funding, acquisition and sale/shared ownership of social housing.
- Preparation of precedent disposal documents for RPs and subsequent management of their disposals (of various tenures).
- Advice on regulatory issues involving the Regulator of Social Housing.
- Specialist leasehold consultancy advice to a large range of Registered Providers including Local Authorities/Stock Transfer organisations.
- Employment advice.