The work of the Employment & Industrial Relations practice group, led by partner Ravindra Kumar Rengasamy, is substantially made up of:
· Advising on employment issues (such as dismissals, disciplinary actions, retrenchment and voluntary settlement schemes, mutual separation agreements, the application of Malaysian labour laws involving foreign employment issues, enforcement of post-employment obligations), legal liabilities on occupational safety and health issues pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 as well as the collection and retention of employee records pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
· Representing clients at the Labour Office and the Industrial Court in cases pertaining to unfair dismissal, retrenchment and constructive dismissal.
· Judicial review applications, injunction applications and civil claims pertaining to issues of breaches of non-disclosure and non-solicitation clauses by former employees.
· Defending companies in civil claims brought by former employees.
· Reviewing, drafting and negotiating mutual separation agreements, employment contracts, employee handbooks and collective agreements.
· Representing clients in quasi-criminal charges under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994.
We believe that our strength is in our approachability, thoroughness, quick turn-around time and partner supervision/involvement in all matters.
Tham, Li Vyen
Oil & Gas