Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
Robust group that regularly acts for providers on multistate transactions. Offers full-service capabilities that enable it to serve as outside counsel for major systems on matters such as regulatory compliance, physician alignment and healthcare IT issues. Also demonstrates capabilities in fraud and abuse cases.
One client says: "They have deep expertise in the area and they're very practical."
Another client comments: "The team is able to balance an understanding of its subject matter with the knowledge of how that expertise relates to, and is impacted by, the technical aspects underlying transactions. They leverage that interplay to provide practical solutions and excel as counselors."
"The team provides excellent client service and has very high-end and highly qualified attorneys," according to interviewees.
Acted for Northwest Community Healthcare as transactional and regulatory counsel in relation to its affiliation with Northshore University HealthSystem.
Lisa Katz regularly assists financial institutions and healthcare clients with the negotiation and structuring of acquisitions and joint ventures.
"She is a very highly regarded lawyer who is very practical and smart."
This content is provided by Polsinelli PC.
Recognized as a leader in health care law, Polsinelli is ranked nationally by Chambers USA and is currently named “Law Firm of the Year” in Health Care by U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Law Firms”. From the strength of its national platform and subject-matter expertise, the firm is positioned to advise on the full range of health care regulatory and business issues confronting health care providers nationally and globally. The national team serves clients throughout the health care industry.
• Strategic mergers and acquisitions
• Counseling on key regulatory issues (e.g., Stark, Anti-Kickback Statute, licensure and certification)
• HIPAA and confidentiality compliance counseling
• All aspects of reimbursement
• Responding to audits (e.g., Medicaid, OIG, DOJ, ZPIC, and RAC)
• Operational issues relating to patient care
• Professional board hearings and other state proceedings
• Physician relationships, including employment, medical director, and professional service agreements
• Strategic assistance with medical staff structures, bylaws, policies, and procedures
• Recruitment strategies for physicians and health care providers
• Corporate governance (for profit and nonprofit)
• Clinical Research
• Counseling on tax compliance
• Benefits issues (including all aspects of ERISA compliance)
• Certificate of Need projects
• Response to investigations, including litigation at all levels
• Labor and employment law matters