We have substantial expertise representing Indian tribes on a wide variety of on-reservation and off-reservation issues, including business transactions, litigation, provision of outside general counsel services, employment matters such as discipline and termination, internal investigations and employment agreements, intergovernmental issues, real estate acquisitions and trust takings, real estate leasing and development, natural resources development, and the transactional and regulatory aspects of Indian gaming. We also have significant experience representing non-Indian companies and communities in their business dealings with Indian tribes and activities in Indian Country.
Through our relationships with tribes, we have developed a thorough understanding of the unique issues that arise in litigation involving Indian tribes and the laws that apply to on-reservation business transactions.
Examples of our Indian Law experience includes:
• Representing a northern Arizona tribe in a general stream adjudication
• Representing a northern Arizona tribe in on and off-reservation real estate matters
• Representing a central Arizona tribe regarding gaming matters
• Representing a central Arizona tribe in environmental litigation and commercial disputes
• Conducting internal investigations for tribes
• Providing outside general counsel services to tribes
Kelly, Andrew P (Head of Department)
Lowe, Thayne (Head of Department)
Demarchi, Kimberly A.
Ham, Shane M.
Molinar, Jeffrey B.
O'Grady, Mary R.