Marval’s mining practice group advises clients on all aspects of mining projects and transactions, including option, farm-in, farm-out and purchase agreements; planning and structuring joint ventures; and the co-ordination of registration proceedings for mining rights. Our mining practice group is involved in the largest mining projects in Argentina and regularly assists clients with highly complex transactional and regulatory matters.
We are backed up by market-leading departments in practice areas that complement the mining law practice, such as corporate, finance, tax, environment, labor, regulatory and dispute resolution.
Our mining practice covers a wide range of matters including:
- Acquisition, maintenance and transfer of exploration permits and mining concessions.
- Negotiation of agreements granting access to natural resources concessions with landowners and title holders, including easements and easement compensations.
- Negotiation of joint ventures and operating agreements, exploration, and construction contracts and provision of mining services
- Project finance
- Due diligence on mining concessions titles, either for acquisition or financing in foreign markets purposes
- Labor matters
- Industrial mining, promotion and investment protection regimes
- Matters related to the regime established by the Mining Investment Act
- Mining Tax Regime and foreign exchange regulations specifically related to mining activities
- Environmental matters related to the exploration and mining development