Marval consistently participates in the biggest, most complex and most sensitive disputes in Argentina. The firm is equally strong in all types of litigation, and both local and international arbitration.
We have acted as counsel in ad hoc and institutional arbitrations both commercial and investor-state under bilateral investment treaties; the firm has conducted arbitrations under the ICSID, ICC, UNCITRAL and other sets of rules.
Our litigation and arbitration practice covers a wide range of matters including:
- Representation before federal and local courts (including the Supreme Court) on behalf of both Argentine and international clients in civil, commercial, tax, administrative, labor litigation and class actions
- Administrative proceedings before federal, provincial and local agencies and institutions, including the Central Bank, the Consumer Protection Agency, the Antitrust Commission, the Federal Tax Court
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and awards in Argentina
- Participation in international arbitrations as arbitrators, counsel or expert witnesses
- Advising on bankruptcy and creditors' rights, including advising to debtors
- In-court and out-of-court debt restructuring proceedings
- Recovery of debts