Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
What the team is known for
"Brad Armstrong’s dedication to his clients is second to none."
"Kinji Bourchier excels at distilling complex legal matters into core issues and provides advice and recommendations which make it easy for me to relay to the business and seek instructions." "He is very knowledgeable on the law and has lots of experience, but is always providing practical legal advice alongside the technical advice."
This content is provided by Lawson Lundell LLP.
Lawson Lundell’s Environmental Law Group provides advice and assistance to clients in all aspects of environmental law including:
- Commercial transactions – due diligence, risk assessments, allocation of liability, representations and warranties and indemnities
- Environmental management systems – training, compliance, liability of officers and directors, and environmental audits
- Environmental assessment of projects – federal, provincial and territorial environmental assessment processes, major projects, project descriptions, screenings, comprehensive studies and public reviews
- Regulatory and licensing requirements – applications for licences, permits and authorizations under the federal Fisheries Act, and provincial and territorial environmental management and protection acts, and water acts
- Contaminated sites – polluter, generator and responsible persons liability, allocation of liability, site remediation requirements, remediation cost claims, and certificates of compliance
- Reclamation, closure and remediation – bonding, security, and environmental trusts
- Environmental offences – spill reporting, inspections, investigations and defence of environmental prosecutions under the Fisheries Act and provincial and territorial environmental assessment management and protection acts