Holland & Knight has one of the largest trusts and estates practice in the United States and represents Ultra High Net Worth clients throughout the United States and Latin America and in Europe and Asia.
A hallmark of Holland & Knight’s practice is that it is a full-service practice. From wealth planning and wealth protection, to disputes over estate assets and control, to ensuring charities receive bequests, and everything in between, we represent clients on all issues related to wealth.
We have worked closely this year with many family and closely held businesses that are in ownership, structure, and/or leadership transition.
- Advised several clients through buyouts, reorganizations and corporate restructurings of family businesses
- Provided guidance regarding the transition of a family owned business from the second to third generation.
- Advised numerous clients on business succession planning and personal estate planning.
- Directed maximum gift tax transfers.
- Restructured dozens of operating business LLCs into an efficient holding company structure.
- Provide guidance regarding the transition of a family owned business from the first to second generation.
- Serve as outside counsel to The Northern Trust on multiple multi-million dollar life insurance premium financing transactions.
- Restructuring of ownership structure.
- Strategized and implemented an incomplete gift from 50% owner of a closely held company to a Delaware non-grantor trust.