Goodrich provides comprehensive legal solutions to contractors and subcontractors working with Mexico’s State-owned companies Pemex (oil and gas) and CFE (electricity). Our firm is experienced in advising clients, inter alia, regarding the following legal matters:
- Most suitable structures for making investments and/or carrying out operations within the industry either as contractors or subcontractors.
- General legal assistance in public procurement procedures and in the preparation of legal documentation to be included in the relevant bid proposal.
- Tax planning in connection with our clients’ venture in Mexico.
- The creation of payment mechanisms that ensure that our clients are not going to be subject to their JV partners’ will, or securing payment for financing purposes.
- Conducting steps for obtaining permits or authorizations from governmental authorities if our clients’ operations so require.
- Conducting real estate due diligences and obtaining the required easements and rights of way.
- Advising on compliance with environmental laws and regulations, as well as evaluating and determining the feasibility of oil and gas projects from an environmental perspective.
- Handling and defending claims from third parties, if necessary.