Provided by Geldards LLP
Geldards has one of the largest and best regarded Commercial Property teams in Wales. The department is known in particular for:-
• its involvement with complex, and large-scale projects such as the prospective M4 Relief Road which, if constructed, will open up access to South Wales by providing a long-needed route to Cardiff and beyond, avoiding the congested Brynglas Tunnels on the eastern side of Newport.
• its ability to deliver critical, politically sensitive and sometimes unwelcome advice (for example in relation to the various objections to the M4 Relief Road) to government and public sector bodies to protect their interests and those of their constituents and taxpayers;
• long term commitment to public sector regeneration projects (e.g. Radyr Farm for the Plymouth Estate; Porth Teigr for Welsh Ministers; the former St Athan airfield for the Welsh Ministers (including the Aston Martin DBX Plant);
• seamless advice on projects from inception through land acquisition, planning and construction to letting, management and disposal made possible by having planning experts including Huw Williams and construction/infrastructure expert, Tony Norris working beside pure property experts within the department;
• continuity in terms of the partners and team members dedicated to a project – for instance Susanne Bradley has worked continuously with Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council on the regeneration of Neath Town Centre since 2007;
Geldards has an accomplished team that is noted for its adept handling of investment and development matters. Particular strengths in real estate matters concerning renewable energy projects, industrial portfolios and marine and port activity. Also regularly handles high-profile Welsh regeneration projects for the public sector. Its wide-ranging client roster also includes corporate occupiers, power suppliers and banking groups.
- Advised Whiteheads Development Company and Tirion Group in relation to the £85 million regeneration of Newport’s former Whiteheads steelworks.
Susanne Bradley is head of the real estate team in Cardiff. She advises on investment acquisitions, disposals and portfolio management as well as handling complex development projects.
Adam Thomas has gained notable experience working on a variety of real estate transactions, including acquisitions and development projects. He also assists clients with the management of property portfolios.
Provided by Geldards LLP
Aerospace & Defence
Charities / Not for Profit
Commercial & Professional Services
Construction & Materials
Consumer Product Manufacturing
Mining & Metals
Private Clients / Individuals
Real Estate Finance
Technology, Hardware & Electronics
Travel & Leisure