Chambers Research is conducted by 200 Research Analysts, across 200 jurisdictions and provides nearly 6,000 rankings tables. Annually we collect hundreds of thousands of responses from clients, the majority via in-depth interview. Learn more about our methodology.
What the team is known for
This content is provided by Demarest Advogados.
Excellence is the core value of Demarest’s Banking and Finance team. Experienced, creative professionals with knowledge of the financial market dynamics advise clients on the most different types of financial transactions, among which those listed below:
Specific Types of Financing
- infrastructure projects (Project Finance);
- transactions with the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) and multilateral bodies;
- imports and exports (Trade Finance);
- securities issued abroad;
- domestic and international operating and financial leasing;
- programs under private label programs and further credit card operations;
- acquisition of companies and assets (Acquisition Finance);
- documentary credits;
- consumer and automotive financing.
Other Banking and Finance Contractual Activities
- derivatives and futures (stock exchange and OTC transactions);
- review and drafting of banking agreements
- regulatory advice (Brazilian Central Bank), including on foreign exchange (International Capital and Exchange Markets Regulation);
- administrative defense before the Central Bank and the National Financial System Appeal Council;
- registration of financial transactions (ROF) and foreign capital (RDE) with the Brazilian Central Bank.
- incorporation of financial and similar institutions;
- approval of incorporations and banking M&A transactions with the Brazilian Central Bank.
Automobiles & Parts
Construction & Materials
Food & Drink Producers
Forestry & Paper
Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
Technology, Hardware & Eletronics