Provided by Chamberlain Hrdlicka
Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s nationally recognized Tax Controversy & Litigation Practice is composed of attorneys experienced in advising and representing taxpayers before federal, state and local taxing authorities and in all federal and state courts in which tax disputes are litigated.
What separates a true tax controversy firm from those who profess to handle “tax controversies” is the combination of many critical elements, including:
- Substantive tax expertise on a wide array of sophisticated tax issues,
- Comprehensive understanding of the nuances of tax procedure and the tax controversy process,
- Extensive knowledge about, and experience dealing with, the IRS, the Department of Justice and state taxing authorities, and
- A proven track record of successfully litigating unresolved tax claims.
Respected practice with experienced lawyers handling domestic and international tax planning. Additionally advises on tax audits and controversy matters, including criminal proceedings. Particularly highlighted for its excellent representation of public and private companies, partnerships, individuals and trusts.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented Target in challenging a denial of a refund for sales tax paid related to logistical services.
Stewart Weintraub is well regarded in the Pennsylvania market, where he advises clients on a range of issues, including state and local tax planning and litigation.
"He is an extremely strong lawyer." "Stewart has a very good reputation for state and local law."
Jennifer Weidler Karpchuk advises on both state and local tax matters, including controversies, litigation and appeals. She also has experience assisting with tax planning and matters concerning real estate assessments.
"She is a clear thinker and a very solid practitioner." "She is great, a real go-getter with a strong state and local reputation."