Our L&E Group offers a full range of services to our clients in employment matters, labour relations, human rights, occupational health and safety, privacy, pensions and benefits, and immigration.
We have extensive expertise in:
- Human resources, including drafting and litigating employment contracts, restrictive covenants, compensation, severance and stock option agreements, human rights/accommodation, attendance management, employment policy manuals, health and safety standards, health and welfare plans, pension and benefits and business immigration.
- Conducting training and investigations, including in the areas of harassment, human rights or fraud allegations.
- Labour relations advice and litigation services, including defending unionization claims, collective bargaining representation, unfair labour practice and bad-faith bargaining complaints, strikes, lockouts and picketing injunctions, successorships, common employer applications, grievances and arbitration.
- Litigating cases at all levels of court in the areas of wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal, just cause dismissal and other civil litigation, as well as litigating before administrative tribunals such as human rights tribunals, labour relations boards, employment standards adjudicators, workers compensation boards, pay equity tribunals and occupational health and safety adjudicators.
- Advising on and litigating cases resulting from mergers, acquisitions, outsourcing transactions, relocations and closures.