RTPR Allen & Overy has advised WOOD & Company Financial Services, a.s., Raiffeisen Bank S.A. and Raiffeisen Centrobank AG in relation to the private placement of a ca. 22.7% shareholding stake held by Lorimer Ventures Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerging Europe Growth Fund II, L.P., managed by Horizon Capital) in Purcari Wineries Public Company Limited.
In this transaction WOOD & Co. acted as Sole Global Coordinator and Joint Bookrunner, and the two Raiffeisen entities as Joint Bookrunners. Purcari Wineries is listed on the BSE. The placement is made through the BSE section dedicated to public offers (Offers and special operations market).
The RTPR Allen & Overy team included Mihai Ristici (Partner) and Marina Giurgica (Associate). Horizon Capital was advised by Schoenherr.
“We are happy to announce the successful closing of a new capital markets transaction by RTPR Allen & Overy team. We would like to thank our clients WOOD & Co. and Raiffeisen for a new excellent collaboration, after having advised them on Sphera’s and MedLife’s IPOs. We hope that Romania’s promotion to the Emerging Market status to generate more capital markets transactions.”, Marina Giurgica commented.
At the beginning of last year RTPR Allen & Overy has advised Purcari Wineries on its IPO and admission to trading on the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
The reputed international legal directory IFLR1000, which has been published earlier this week, ranks RTPR Allen & Overy’s capital market practice on the first tier for both Debt and Equity deals for the sixth consecutive year.
Selected capital markets transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
- Barclays Bank PLC as arranger for Alpha Bank Romania on the first mortgage bonds issue programme in Romania with a value of EUR 1 billion
- Purcari Wineries Public Company Limited on its IPO and admission to trading on the Bucharest Stock Exchange
- WOOD & Company Financial Services and Raiffeisen Bank as joint bookrunners on the IPO of Sphera Franchise Group
- Raiffeisen Bank S.A. and WOOD & Company Financial Services a.s., as managers on the intermediation of MedLife’s IPO
- Electrica in relation to its IPO on the Bucharest Stock Exchange and on the London Stock Exchange - first primary offering of shares in Romania involving global depositary receipts
- Deutsche Bank, Raiffeisen Bank International and J.P. Morgan, as Joint Lead Managers and Deutsche Trustee Company Limited, as Trustee, on the issuance by NEPI of EUR 400 million high yield bonds
- J.P. Morgan in relation to the issuance by Cable Communications Systems of EUR 450 million senior secured notes guaranteed by RCS & RDS