Global United Arab Emirates Restructuring/Insolvency
- Addleshaw Goddard LLPRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight |The Dubai office of Addleshaw Goddard is home to a growing practice that is particularly experienced in restructuring and insolvency mandates. Its lawyers are recognised for their work with both borrowers and sponsors. The firm also benefits from expanding expertise in Islamic finance.
- Allen & Overy LLPRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight |Allen & Overy is one of the foremost law firms in the region, with deep experience in various aspects of commercial lending. The team has an excellent reputation for project finance, with expertise in power, renewable energy and infrastructure. Its lawyers also represent blue-chip clients, both domestic and international, in major restructuring and refinancing matters. Other areas of expertise include asset and Islamic finance. The firm is noted for its ability to assist with transactions originating across the region, with particular expertise relating to Saudi Arabia and Oman.
- Clifford Chance LLPRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight |Clifford Chance has an impressive team with robust offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that continue to lead the market for professional legal services in banking and finance. The firm advises on a broad spectrum of finance matters and possesses complementary expertise in capital markets and corporate/M&A. It is also noted for its dedicated Islamic finance practice and extensive experience in aviation finance, where it often works in conjunction with the firm's highly rated asset finance practice in London. It is equally highly esteemed for restructuring and insolvency mandates, in which area the firm fields a highly experienced bench of lawyers. The firm also has a dedicated regulatory team, which has become increasingly active in growing areas such as fintech. Clifford Chance possesses a significant regional practice, most notably in Oman where the firm advises on major project financings.
- DLA Piper Middle East LLPRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight |DLA Piper is an esteemed international law firm noted for its strong regional offering. Its Dubai-based team advises both borrowers and lenders on a range of matters, including acquisition and project finance. The firm also offers a dedicated restructuring and insolvency team which is especially skilled in project-related restructurings. It has further expertise in financial regulation and derivatives, as well as trade and Islamic finance.
- Freshfields Bruckhaus DeringerRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight |Freshfields offers a compact practice with a strong reputation in the Dubai market. The firm is particularly active on leveraged and acquisition finance matters, providing invaluable support to the firm's top-tier M&A group. In this regard the team regularly acts for some of the Middle East's leading private equity houses. Its clientele also includes corporate borrowers from across the MENA region as well as leading Shari'a-compliant banks. The firm's lawyers are well versed in restructuring and insolvency, in which field they frequently act on the creditor side, as well as on direct lending and alternative capital provider matters.
- LinklatersRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight |The Dubai office of Linklaters comprises an esteemed bench of lawyers who advise leading investment banks on the full spectrum of finance matters. The firm is notable for its experience of development and structured finance and also widely recognised for its advice on syndicated loans and debt restructuring. The team's other areas of expertise include acquisition finance, real estate finance and banking regulatory matters. Linklaters is equally well known for its Islamic finance expertise, with several major transactions featuring a Shari'a-compliant tranche. The firm is a popular choice as lenders' counsel, while also very experienced acting for borrowers.
- White & Case LLPRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight |White & Case is a respected name with well-established offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The firm has a strong regional reputation for both conventional and Shari'a-compliant financing. It acts for a blue-chip roster of international clients, including major investment banks and high-profile borrowers. The firm maintains a formidable project finance practice capable of handling construction, oil and gas, and development finance matters. Its lawyers are well versed in all forms of corporate financing, including syndicated and asset finance. The team's further areas of expertise include Islamic finance, derivatives and structured finance, while it is also widely respected for its capabilities in debt restructuring.
- Al Tamimi & CompanyRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight
- Latham & Watkins LLPRestructuring/Insolvency2023 | Spotlight