Global USA International Arbitration
- Daniel Schimmel Foley Hoag LLP
- Amal BouchenakiHerbert Smith Freehills
Latin America & the Caribbean
- Aníbal Martin Sabater Chaffetz Lindsey LLP
- Camilo Cardozo Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Gaela Gehring Flores Allen & Overy LLP
- Henry Guy Burnett King & Spalding LLP
- Jonathan Hamilton White & Case LLP
- José I Astigarraga Reed Smith LLP
- Julie Bédard Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP & Affiliates
- Miguel López Forastier Covington & Burling LLP
- Nicole Duclos Covington & Burling LLP
- Nigel Blackaby KC Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Noiana Marigo Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US
- Paolo Di Rosa Arnold & Porter
- Richard C Lorenzo Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Roberto J Aguirre Luzi King & Spalding LLP
- David M OrtaQuinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Luis A PerezAkerman LLP
- Daniel TanDan Tan Law
- Arnold & PorterInternational Arbitration2023 | Spotlight |Strong reputation for its representation of sovereign states in high-value international arbitration proceedings. Also engaged in significant commercial disputes, drawing from a strong group of multilingual practitioners with wide-ranging industry experience. Particularly well regarded for its handling of South and Central America-related disputes, alongside a thriving West Coast practice servicing clients in East Asia. Offers particular expertise in the oil and gas and transportation sectors.
- Covington & Burling LLPInternational Arbitration2023 | Spotlight |Particular areas of strength include international energy, infrastructure and pharmaceutical matters. Acts for a wide range of clients across the globe, including multinational corporations and states. Regularly engaged in major commercial arbitrations and on claimant-side investment treaty work, alongside additional expertise in areas including state-to-state disputes and arbitration-related litigation. Calls upon a strong group of advocates whose arbitration expertise is bolstered by frequent appointments as arbitrator.
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer USInternational Arbitration2023 | Spotlight |Highly active bench of experienced arbitration counsel with a successful track record of representing both corporate entities and sovereign states in complex cross-border disputes. Noted for its expert handling of Latin American and European disputes, with impressive strengths in proceedings concerning mining, telecommunications, oil and gas and construction issues. Boasts an impressive number of multilingual and dual-qualified attorneys able to practice in both common and civil law jurisdictions.
- Hogan Lovells US LLPInternational Arbitration2023 | Spotlight |Substantial experience in representing clients across the globe in both investment treaty and commercial arbitration hearings, with strengths in areas including energy, finance, automotive and telecommunications disputes. Demonstrates strengths in proceedings conducted under the major institutional rules and in ad hoc hearings. Leverages the firm's wide network of dispute resolution practitioners to provide an integrated service to clients, with particular strengths in matters across Latin America and the Middle East.
- King & Spalding LLPInternational Arbitration2023 | Spotlight |While King & Spalding is recognised for its global arbitration capabilities, it is consistently singled out for its strength in Latin America. The team is regularly appointed to serve as counsel and arbitrator in commercial claims arising from a range of industries, as well as investment treaty disputes. Henry Burnett and Roberto Aguirre Luzi are two of the firm's leading practitioners in this space, alongside others such as Érica Franzetti.
- Reed Smith LLPInternational Arbitration2023 | Spotlight |Distinguished dispute resolution team with deep experience in commercial arbitrations arising from Latin America, with notable capabilities in financial services disputes. Also regularly engaged on arbitrations in the firm's core sectors of international trade, entertainment, energy and life sciences. Offers wider strength in related litigation work, including litigation to compel arbitration, parallel proceedings and enforcement matters. Fields strong multilingual capabilities across the practice.