Global Canada Corporate/M&A
Rankings overview for Departments
All Departments profiles
- Freshfields Bruckhaus DeringerCorporate/M&A2023 | Spotlight | 11 Years RankedFreshfields is a valued international law firm offering long-standing experience in relation to Canada. It advises on a range of multi-jurisdictional transactions, regularly representing Canadian corporates, pension plans and major banks. The team is particularly well respected for its experience in the mining, financial services and infrastructure sectors and includes multiple Canadian-qualified lawyers.
- Allen & Overy LLPCorporate/M&A2023 | Spotlight
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLPCorporate/M&A2023 | Spotlight | 11 Years RankedPaul, Weiss is regularly sought after by Canadian clients for US law advice on high-end cross-border capital markets and M&A deals, as well as on post-merger matters such as tax, proxy contests and employee benefits. The team in Toronto acts for a robust list of Canadian companies that includes pension funds, major issuers and investment banks. Its expertise cuts across sectors including energy and mining, technology and financial services.
- Shearman & Sterling LLPCorporate/M&A2023 | Spotlight | 11 Years RankedShearman & Sterling operates an active capital markets practice out of Toronto, where its team of New York and California-qualified lawyers offer long-standing experience providing US law advice on cross-border matters. The firm possesses industry experience in the mining, metal, power, energy and telecommunications industries, among others. It also advises on M&A and financing transactions, as well as corporate governance.
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP & AffiliatesCorporate/M&A2023 | Spotlight | 11 Years RankedSkadden is a distinguished US-based law firm with leading expertise in cross-border securities and M&A transactions involving US and Canadian companies. Its lawyers also advise on financing matters, representing banks, borrowers and issuers, with notable experience in the energy sector. The firm's Toronto partners advise exclusively on US law matters.