Greyhawk Intelligence Group
Established in 2012, Greyhawk is a corporate intelligence and investigations specialist. Greyhawk supports in-house counsel and law firms during litigation, arbitration, asset recovery and contentious situations generally. The firm has a strong focus on complex, high value and cross-border disputes.
Greyhawk's directors each have over 25 years' investigations and intelligence experience. It is a "low volume - high impact" firm, where every case is led by a director, ensuring that clients receive senior attention throughout the engagement lifecycle.
The firm works globally, and is especially known for its work in offshore jurisdictions and in the EMEA region, including the CIS, Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa. Greyhawk's clients include law firms, corporate and banking general counsel, debt funds and insolvency practitioners. Greyhawk has worked for the law enforcement and regulatory agencies of ten countries.
Greyhawk combines a range of approaches according to client requirements. These include witness identification and interviewing, intelligence gathering through an extensive international network, interrogation and analysis of public information sources, surveillance, and specialist tools to surface data from the deep and dark web.
The firm’s directors are regularly asked to address lawyers on the interplay between investigations and litigation, speaking in New York, Moscow, Kiev, Dublin, London and Dubai.
Litigation and Arbitration Support
Greyhawk supports legal counsel in the collection and deployment of evidence and intelligence in complex, high value and cross-border disputes. The firm’s support may include locating, profiling and interviewing witnesses; demonstrating hidden connections between individuals and companies; locating defendants and establishing jurisdiction.
Representative matters include:
- Locating defendants in Cyprus, Thailand and Dubai in support of a multinational client bringing a claim against its former country managers;
- Reconstructing transactions and asset disposals in six jurisdictions over a 30 year period to support a trust beneficiary’s claim against a trustee;
- Supporting a European bank’s defence of a US$ 1bn claim in the English Commercial Court;
- Demonstrating a Middle Eastern investor’s track record of broken promises and business failures to support a state’s defence to an ICSID claim.
Greyhawk identifies the assets of personal and corporate judgement debtors and of sovereigns in the enforcement of arbitral awards. The firm works across onshore, frontier and offshore jurisdictions. In notable successes, the firm has identified luxury property, aircraft and yachts through innovative techniques, including geolocation and Freedom of Information Requests.
Representative matters include:
- Investigation of an oil trading company active in Singapore, Dubai, Azerbaijan and Switzerland on behalf of the trading desk of an international oil company considering an action for non-payment.
- Identifying former directors’ high-value assets in France, Switzerland, Luxembourg and the Caribbean following the collapse of a Russian bank;
- Identification of personal property and other high value assets (held through offshore entities) in the US, UK and Nigeria to enable an African bank to enforce a US$ 150m personal guarantee;
- Identifying the commercial assets of an EU sovereign to support an investor’s enforcement of an arbitral award.
The firm acts for creditors, insolvency practitioners and their counsel during high value insolvencies and bankruptcies. Clients include bank deposit insurance agencies, state "bad banks", NPL investors and bank recovery teams.
Representative cases include:
- Mapping a network of Bermuda trusts, BVI companies and corresponding UK property on behalf of creditors pursuing a bankrupt’s assets;
- On behalf of the administrator of a listed company in insolvency, identifying onshore and offshore property assets of former directors accused of fraud;
- Following a bank collapse in Eastern Europe, supporting state authorities by identifying SPVs in Luxembourg and other offshore jurisdictions used by the bank’s former chairman.
Greyhawk provides a rapid and discreet response for clients dealing with fraud, conflicts of interest and corruption allegations, especially in countries where head office has limited oversight and access.
The firm conducts market entry, political risk mapping and in depth integrity due diligence investigations for a select group of clients, including multilateral institutions, investment banks and major corporates. These investigations always combine intelligence from in-country sources with relevant public information.
Provided by Greyhawk Intelligence Group
- London5 Chancery Lane, London, Greater London, UK, WC2A 1LG
- Web: www.greyhawk-uk.com
- Tel: +44 20 7406 7510
- View ranked office