Stephenson Harwood is recognised as having one of the world’s leading shipping and offshore practices and its lawyers are consistently ranked as best in class. We are consistently instructed by most of the major shipping and offshore companies, energy service companies, oil and gas businesses, shipyards, insurers, commodity companies, sponsors, lenders and private equity providers.
In shipping and offshore our lawyers advise on services spanning:
- Finance: senior, mezzanine and subordinated debt and covering corporate finance, ship and offshore finance, blended corporate and asset finance, export credit agency backed, leasing, project finance, limited recourse and derivatives
- Corporate: mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, debt for equity swaps, group reorganisations and restructurings, joint ventures, private equity investments and general corporate advice on a range of matters including regulatory compliance, equity incentives, competition issues and succession planning
- Commercial: project tender processes, project documents, building contracts, pooling arrangements, conversion contracts, sale and purchase and charterparty agreements
- Disputes: risk mitigation, litigation, arbitration and mediation, international sanctions and arrests and enforcements
- Restructuring: debt restructuring and refinancing, debt for equity swaps, schemes or arrangement, judicial management, chapter 11 and insolvency