We have provided specialist pensions advice for over 30 years.
Our pensions team is one of the largest City-based pensions teams advising both pension scheme trustees and sponsors. We provide "full service" pensions legal advice and not simply a "corporate support" service. The typical services we provide include:
- preparing various governing and amending scheme documentation, using our own precedent documents to ensure we provide a cost-effective service to our clients
- advising on questions of interpretation of scheme documents, what benefits the rules provide and what formalities are required for different decisions
- negotiating contracts with service providers, including scheme administrators, investment management and bulk annuity documentation, and advising on any disputes that arise
- dealing with member benefit queries and disputes, from informal queries through to complaints to the Pensions Ombudsman
- preparing policy documents, ensuring consistency in on particular issues
- resolving issues with historic documentation
- clearance applications and liaison with the Pensions Regulator
- restructuring and insolvency solutions
- advising on corporate acquisitions, disposals, mergers, demergers and reorganisations on pension schemes
- providing mediation services to the pensions industry.
Our pensions expertise stretches across the firm, and we have dedicated specialists to assist in all pensions related issues.