Provided by Stephenson Harwood LLP
We have extensive experience of the full trading cycle from raw material to end use and offer a comprehensive range of advisory, transactional and contentious services to clients across the supply chain.
We advise on issues relating to the full range of physical and financial commodities classes - particularly coal, metal ores and minerals, oil and gas (including LNG), renewable energy and soft commodities.
Our clients include mining groups, international oil and gas companies, trading houses, banks, power and utility companies, industrial groups and manufacturers, insurance companies, funds and private equity houses.
We have extensive experience in complex cross-jurisdictional disputes and our lawyers have represented clients in arbitrations under all the major international rules (ICC, LMAA, LCIA, UNCITRAL, SIAC, CIETAC and HIAC), as well as before commodity trade tribunals (including LME, GAFTA and FOSFA).
We can help you with:
- long term supply and off-take agreements
- spot and master trading agreements
- standard form contracts (including SCoTA and EFET annexes)
- futures and derivatives (including ISDA and FFAs)
- bills of lading, charterparties and COAs
- cargo loss and damage
- Storage and warehousing
- ports and logistics contracts
- inventory and “repo” financing
- documentary credits and standby letters of credit
- regulation and compliance
- corporate and tax
- fraud and asset tracing
- sanctions advice.