Miller Thomson’s full service retail practice successfully combines transactional, real estate, corporate and regulatory expertise. We offer valuable counsel on navigating the unique aspects of Canada’s laws and industry practices affecting retailers through a nationally integrated platform that easily services all major Canadian financial centers. This cross-Canada coverage foreign and domestic clients to benefit from our familiarity with local markets and demographics.
Our expertise spans a wide array of industries, from large national and global retailers to wholesalers with both online and bricks and mortar operations. Our clients comprise grocery and supermarkets, department stores, retailers in apparel, home improvement, houseware, furniture, electronics and office supplies, as well as restaurants, hair care and esthetic service providers.
We are a multidisciplinary legal team, advising retailers in:
- Advertising and marketing
- Consumer protection/Product liability
- Product labelling
- Supply chain
- Real estate/Construction
- Environmental and municipal law, incl. retail use approvals
- Labour and employment, incl. immigration
- Competition/Antitrust law
- IP, incl. trademarks
- Domestic and x-border M&A, jt. ventures and divestitures
- Foreign investment/Trade and customs/Commodity tax