LA Marine has a significant pedigree having been established nearly 20 years ago. All of our partners were partners or senior assistants in well-known shipping law firms.
We are one of the few specialist shipping departments with two offices outside of the City of London which offer the full range of shipping services from transactional work to shipping / marine litigation to clients, nationally and internationally.
Arbitration / Litigation work:
- Charterparty disputes and disputes involving breach of affreightment contracts, bills of lading, collisions and arrests.
- Commodity disputes
- Assisting clients with security actions.
- Cargo claims-defending and bringing actions for the recovery of claims.
- Personal injury defence work.
- Superyacht and yacht disputes.
- Sale of goods and warranty issues arising out of yacht sale and purchase contracts.
Transactional and Regulatory work:
- Drafting/negotiation of complex/high value contracts for operators and specialist vessel owners.
- Financing of superyachts/yachts, small commercial vessels and workboats, including negotiation of all facility documentation and registration of security.
- Default and recovery action.
- Sale and purchase, refit and build contracts for superyachts, yachts and workboats.
- Assisting racing yacht teams / operators with sponsorship agreements and contracts.
- Advising in respect of investigations and prosecutions by the MAIB/MCA for breaches of the Merchant Shipping Regulations (Regulatory offences).