Provided by JFK Law LLP
JFK Law LLP is a national firm specializing in Aboriginal law with representation of Indigenous clients. Its Purpose is to relentlessly pursue justice and self-determination for Indigenous People. It is well known and recognized for successfully taking on complex legal matters for its clients.
JFK Law specializes in:
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution: Experienced litigators with extensive courtroom experience who focus on finding a solution that achieves client goals that are cost-effective and maintains healthy long-term relationships.
- Consultation and Accommodation: Providing strategic advice and representation in all aspects of the Crown’s duty to consult and accommodate.
- Regulatory Review: Helping communities respond to referrals for projects in their traditional territories, representing communities through environmental assessment and other regulatory review processes.
- Treaty and Related Negotiations: Working closely with several First Nations at different stages of the Treaty process, and with many First Nations engaged in other complex negotiations related to land, governance and resources.
- Impact Benefit Agreements: Advising on negotiating fair and equitable IBAs with proponents interested in developing in client territories.
- Commercial Agreements: Ensuring negotiated agreements provide the best value for the client in a manner that ensures the client received benefits equal to a fair share of the commercial value of the project having their support.