Guyer & Regules has a strong and successful litigation team with a “solid reputation” as Chambers Latin America states, specializing in civil and commercial litigation and arbitration, domestic and international. The team has broad experience dealing with all types of disputes, ranging from banking litigation, corporate disputes, breaches of contract actions, to domestic and international arbitration disputes.
Recent highlights include:
- Represents GNLS (defendant) in a civil judicial procedure initiated by the Uruguayan branch of Brazil-based Construtora OAS seeking damages amounting to USD 310 million and in an ICC arbitration in Spain initiated by GNLS against Construtora OAS seeking damages for more than USD 400 million.
- Successfully represented the affiliate of the Brazilian state owned oil company Petrobras (PUDSA) and Axion Energy in complex domestic arbitrations filed against ANCAP (Uruguayan state-owned company), that resulted in two arbitral awards which ordered ANCAP to pay damages.
- Representing Banque Heritage in criminal and civil actions brought against a former account manager that committed a fraud.
- Representing AIRBUS (world´s largest airline manufacturer) in two litigation processes, and in a request of precautionary measure (seeking to assure enforcement of an ICC international arbitration award).
- Representing the “Mutual Uruguaya de futbolistas profesionales” in an action claiming image rights of the professional football players of Uruguay.