The success of Gowling WLG's award‑winning Insurance & Professional Liability Group is based on more than a century of experience representing the insurance industry, combined with a persistent, results-driven approach and an innovative use of technology.
As the largest group of its kind in Canada, we're committed to excellence in all of the insurance and professional liability work we do. We understand the ongoing changes taking place in the insurance industry – including market consolidation, increased competition among insurers and banks, legislative and regulatory developments, bad faith claims seeking punitive damages, and a growing number of class actions – and we provide advice that helps you successfully navigate these challenges.
Our offering encompasses a range of services, including:
• Personal injury claims
• Property claims, including fire and environmental claims
• Defending all types of product liability claims
• E&O claims against a wide variety of professionals
• D&O claims
• Transportation claims
• Construction claims
• Heavy industrial claims, including oilfield and mining claims
• Life and disability claims
• Financial institutions, investment companies and their employees and agents
• Class actions across Canada and working with U.S. attorneys to defend cross-border class actions