Fenwick & West has achieved a reputation as having one of the United States' leading domestic and international tax practices. The tax group's exciting and sophisticated practice stems from its client base. Our tax clients represent every geographic area of the United States, as well as a number of countries across the globe, and have included over 100 Fortune 500 companies.
- 20+ tax lawyers with a broad range of corporate, partnership, and international tax experience: represented well over 50 Fortune 100 companies in major federal tax matters, and 100 of the Fortune 500 companies.
- Extensive experience in international tax planning, M&A and joint ventures.
- Represented corporate clients in over 75 United States tax court cases.
- Broad and deep transfer pricing practice, covering APAs, competent authority and dispute resolution.
- Worked with foreign counsel in over 30 countries on international corporate transactions and planning in the past 12 months.
- Nationally recognized for successful tax dispute resolution and litigation: successfully resolved over 150 IRS administrative appeals proceedings.
- Recently won tax victories for CBS and Sanofi in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and Analog Devices in the U.S. Tax Court. Currently represent other large multinational corporations in the U.S. Tax Court.