Dorsey’s Natural Resources & Environmental practice differs from others in Montana in that while we are involved in numerous projects and have clients in Montana, our practice extends to significant projects and matters nationwide.
Dorsey’s primary areas of service in Montana include:
Environmental Permitting and Compliance
- Project Configuration, Mine Design and the Mine Plan of Operation
- Federal & State Agency Permitting Jurisdiction
- Agency Contested Case Hearings & Litigation
- State Mining, Environmental, and Health and Safety Laws and Regulations
- Purchase and Sale of Mineral and Surface Interests
- Title Due Diligence and Confirmation
- Mining Lease Transactions, Surface Use Agreements, Easement and Access Agreements
- Laws and Regulations Governing Mineral Activities on Public Lands, including the Mineral Leasing Act, General Mining Act, Materials Act, and Federal Land Policy Management Act.