Provided by CMS
Our core practice is enforcement of IP rights and full scope trademark related advisory. We advise our clients regularly on both criminal and civil actions against infringers of trademarks, designs, copyrights and patents rights. We also work with Polish customs on a regular basis in terms of managing clients’ IP rights enforcement programmes. Our team has extensive experience in advising on research and development projects and on the protection of business secrets.
We support our clients in the following main areas:
- strategic advice on brands, including assistance with re-branding
- civil disputes on infringement of intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks and disputes concerning unfair competition
- criminal proceedings against producers and distributors of counterfeit products
- negotiations with infringers of IP rights and coordinating the work of private detectives
- managing customs IP protection programmes
- training on trademark and patent protection for customs officers and police
- registration of industrial property rights and participation in proceedings at the Patent Office/OHIM
- trademark prosecution advisory and portfolio management
- domain disputes and associated specialist advice
- licensing and selling copyrights and other intellectual property rights incl. patents
- assistance with transactions where intellectual property is a key asset.
Provided by CMS
The team focuses on four core sectors: fashion/luxury goods, technology, automotive, chemical and pharmaceutical clients.