Borenius’ Energy & Natural Resources practice offers the combined legal experience of a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers and an in-depth understanding of the energy and mining industries and infrastructure projects. The practice advises clients operating in the energy, infrastructure, mining and other natural resources sectors on a wide range of matters. These include M&A, joint ventures, financing, project development and strategic planning in addition to social licensing, corporate responsibility and environmental matters such as permitting, zoning and environmental liability matters.
We have recently advised
- Aberdeen Standard Investments on the acquisition of the minority of Riihimäen Kaukolämpö, a supplier of district heating and natural gas solutions
- Neoen on the acquisition of the majority of and on the establishment of a regarding the 81 MW Hedet wind farm in Finland
- LocalTapiola on the sale of its interests in the TuuliTapiola wind power fund with two operational wind farms as well as Lahti Energia on the sale of its natural gas distribution and sales business and on the procurement of the new EUR 165 million Kymijärvi power plant
- a consortium formed by Outokumpu, SSAB, Skangas and EPV on its project to build a EUR 100 million LNG terminal
- Agnico Eagle on their EUR 160 million Kittilä mine expansion project
- Yara on the licensing and strategic project planning of the Sokli mine
- Mawson on complex nature conservation issues relating to exploration in a Natura 2000 area.