This content is provided by Chambers based on our research. Learn more about our methodology.
Growing oil and gas regulatory practice able to draw on expertise of attorneys with longstanding industry experience capable of handling a variety of regulatory work. Offers particularly strong representation in FERC and CFTC investigations and enforcement proceedings. Further noted for assisting clients in obtaining oil and gas export authorization.
Sources highlight: "The team is very effective and efficient."
Clients report: "They are a very solid team. They're timely, responsive, sensible and pragmatic. They're also well regarded by regulatory staff and strong on enforcement matters."
Interviewees describe them as "a highly knowledgeable regulatory team that has the capability to take on any regulatory matter, while at the same time being lean, flexible and not overstaffing."
Represented Port Arthur LNG, a Sempra Energy subsidiary, in seeking FERC approval to increase the capacity of its LNG terminal and expand an affiliated interstate pipeline leading to the terminal.
Brett Snyder is noted for his experience handling rate cases and cost allocation proceedings on behalf of pipeline companies. Market sources note: "He has a deep knowledge of regulatory matters and is skilled at navigating complex issues. He also has strong relationships with the regulators."
Mark Haskell is deeply experienced in representing clients seeking FERC and DOE authorization for LNG project development and expansion. He also skillfully acts for pipeline owners and shippers in market manipulation disputes and rate cases. Sources say he is "practical in finding solutions to legal and commercial issues," also noting: "He generally has an answer or has seen it before, and has a fast and efficient way of analyzing the issues."
This content is provided by Blank Rome LLP.
• Energy regulatory, litigation, compliance, transactional, investigation, enforcement defense.
• Counsel on natural gas, oil, natural gas liquids, and power industries to marketers, producers, developers, industrial and commercial customers, utilities, trade associations, and financial institutions.
• National practice, of federal, state energy regulatory compliance and enforcement, oil and gas litigation, environmental compliance.
• Routinely challenge and defend agency actions and rulings before Department of Energy, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Department of the Interior, various state agencies, and courts.
• Lobbying, public policy and government relations practice centered on the energy industry.
• Regularly represent clients in enforcement and regulatory matters before FERC, the DOE, and the CFTC. We advise on compliance and enforcement issues before the FTC and certain state public utility commissions.
• Obtain regulatory approvals and perform due diligence in complex transactions, including securing FERC and DOE approvals for LNG terminals and other infrastructure.
• We represent clients in rate, tariff, and administrative litigation at FERC, and advise on compliance and trainings for the natural gas, oil, natural gas liquids, and power industries.
• A leading shale and pipeline practice advising the Mid-Atlantic region, in oil and gas pipelines and refineries, and related regulatory, compliance, and litigation issues.